well now, have you disabled your addons?

redtailgal

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 27, 2011
I have found that disabling the add-ons that I never used in IE has helped me be able to use this forum better.

edited to add: if this edit works, then I can say that disabling the add-ons corrected ALL my glitches!

Last edited:
BOO_YAH!
cool.png

thumbsup.gif

I think that we're finding so many issues to be user specific and connected to their individual system setups. Thanks for working diligently to figure out the problem!

thumbsup.gif

I think that we're finding so many issues to be user specific and connected to their individual system setups. Thanks for working diligently to figure out the problem!

It is unfortunate that that is a problem. It says to me, that it is the site. Why is it only on this site, when folks have no problem with other sites. People having to change browsers, delete add ons, etc..... that is site specific.

Addons shouldn't make a difference unless you have a buggy one that doesn't play nice with javascript. WE definitely don't expect people to make changes to their whole environment just to have better performance on BYC.

With that said, there are some things that are just very good practice to do regardless of which site you are on:

1. Upgrade your browser: Makes it more secure and perform better
  2. Don't run apps, addons, etc. that might mess things up for other apps or addons or sites

It is unfortunate that that is a problem. It says to me, that it is the site. Why is it only on this site, when folks have no problem with other sites. People having to change browsers, delete add ons, etc..... that is site specific.

Thank you thank you Kathy........ this is what I been trying to get across :thumbsup

I still can't drop down list, I once again changed things on my end,running a little faster but now jerkie again.... I live in the courtry and use an air-card ....I'm almost out of GBs from all the hours and hours trying to make things work right and I'm not even talking about if I like the site or not ... I would have to have more things working to even make that call......... :/

Back
Top Bottom