Well, now I want Muscovies.

Denninmi

Songster
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
I swear, I should just put backyardchickens.com onto my list of "banned" sites on my internet settings preferences page.

I've been reading a lot of the threads about them, and they are sounding more appealing all of the time -- quiet, good natured.

I originally kind of thought they were ugly due to the carbuncles, but I guess having had turkeys for a year, I've gotten used to the look, so it is kind of interesting now.

I think I'm going to order a batch of eggs in about 10 days, after my one incubator is free -- I've got it full of turkey eggs right now.

They are amazingly good tempered! My DS's duck just hatched out 10 beautiful baby ducks yesterday. They are absoutely precious. I hear Muscovy eggs tend toward the "difficult to incubate artificially incubate" side. Do some searches to see what helpful tips you might uncover here.

OMGoodness, GET THEM!!!! I just got mine a week ago and WOW! They are amazing girls. Quiet, very calm. In my small mixed flock they are the comedians, they are also the friendliest of all of them, which is pretty amazing since the person I bought them from NEVER handled them. They layed the first day I got them home and are still laying, also one has already gone broody for me. Yay!
big_smile.png
That means more scovies. (the guy had them with his drake, and so they are still fertile) I am so excited to get more. You will love them! Lol! And I think they are very pretty. It is way different when they are yours. You wont even notice the carbuncles.
wink.png

Oooo yes getcha some
big_smile.png
I got my 1st older ducklings last summer (5 of em) the blessed me with 16 cute duckings 3 weeks ago... Pictures are all over my blog, lol. Heres some cuteness for ya to enjoy & to make it harder to resist em.... Our Little Farm: Our Little Barnyard Pond

You won't be sorry! In my opinion they have the best personalities...they aren't quite as skittish as other ducks. Wait till you hear them singing that little trill to you, it's wonderful! I've never minded the Caruncles, it's all part of their unique character. My husband always said no to them because he thought they were too ugly. Well my six darlings are beautiful and he's actually commented on their beauty a few times now LOL

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom