Well...out of ten eggs, I got ONE hatch! (PICS)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Donnadzitall, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Donnadzitall

Donnadzitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Granite Falls WA
    But it has such neat colors! [​IMG]
    Pictures may not show it in great detail but he/she is blue gray on the body with light brown shadowing by the shoulder/wing area and a big chipmunk stripe down it's back. One of the pictures has both parents in there...so you can tell me maybe? what it will look like?
    Here is the chick:
    [​IMG]
    Here is the family:
    [​IMG]

2. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    I have no idea, but it is a very cute chick!

3. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    Very cute! Now rush out and get it some little brothers and sisters to play with so it's not lonely [​IMG]

4. Donnadzitall

Donnadzitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Granite Falls WA
    Quote:(hands over ears) lalalalalala Hubby will have a fit!!! lol....He's just too little to put with my 4 week olds I think....If I leave it with mom and dad will it be ok? Or seriously...(I mean seriously) should it have others?

5. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    I've heard on this board that they can become more stressed if there is only one but since it's with mom and dad it will probably be ok. [​IMG] Of course 1 more wouldn't hurt but not one of the 4 wk olds. Can you buy a 1 day old at TSC and sneak it under her at night?

6. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I would say the chick will be fine if it is with mom but I am not sure about it being with other adults and the rooster. I know some people separate the mom with her babies away from the crowd for a while? If you got another chick the mom may not accept it so it is a gamble either way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by