1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Well people....I've officially lost my mind!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Farm Frenzy, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Farm Frenzy

Farm Frenzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    I'm in BIG trouble now. I don't know what in the heck I'm going to do. I just ordered 10 RIR, 7 silkie, and 10 Jersey Giant eggs off ebay. WHAT HAVE I DONE??? I have a problem...not to mention that I already have 11 eggs of my own in the bator. I have a couple bators so it's not a problem, but MY GOD!!! I can't stop...[​IMG]

2. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    [​IMG] Welcome to the club! [​IMG]

3. Farm Frenzy

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    Did I forget to mention that I also have 25 Cornish X coming Feb 2?[​IMG]

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    If you have room for all of them once they hatch or a market for them. You are fine, brain is still intact.

If you don't, then yeah, you are .....

Keep us updated.

Wonderful DW is thinking I'm a couple fries short of a Happy Meal w/ 41 in the bator.

5. natalie1136

natalie1136 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    Dennison Illinois
    That's great!! Now i know im not alone. I hope you have a blast. It really is addiction. I've already made contact with a man for more eggs. This time i will fill the bator completely.

6. Farm Frenzy

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    I know but what's even worse is that I'm bringing people down with me!!! I've already got my friends all loaded up on the incubating wagon.[​IMG]

7. Grampa with chickens

Grampa with chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Brooksville, Florida
    I know what you mean. This is what I did last week........

Well folks,
    I just had 17 Dominiques hatch last Monday. I finally turned the bator off after running 3 straight hatches. No more for awhile, I said.
    Then my RIW roo was killed last week and I went to the animal auction to see if I could find another one. (which I did thankfully). Then my addiction kicked in when Hatching eggs came up for bid.

OMG NOOooooooooooo, I now have 12 Jersey Giants, 10 Buff O's, and 12 RIR ready to go into the bator. Fired the bator up last night to get to temp.

SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    Man its like a disease but a disease you like.

9. RooptyDoo

RooptyDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    I'VE LOST MY MIND TOO!!!!! I HAVE A HATCH DUE TODAY IN ONE INCUBATOR!!! LOOK WHAT I DID TO THIS ONE!!!

[​IMG]

Oh don't worry about the temp I had just turned them and it took a while and the temp dropped. LOL that is a lot of eggs to turn. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by