well...rats...chicks won't ship til 9/1

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by wildeflowers, Aug 12, 2010.

1. wildeflowers

wildeflowers I suspect fowl play!

Jun 29, 2010
    Since our coop is almost finished (just putting on the last coat of paint), I went ahead and ordered some day olds from Ideal yesterday. I was so excited because all the chicks I picked showed a date for next week. I just got the email from them that they will not ship until 9/1. Bummer! Although I'm sure it is a blessing in disguise, as August is turning out to be a really busy month for my business, plus I am just swamped all over the place.

I already have 2 Polish, one's a roo, so I ordered:
    2 Dominiques
    2 Patridge Cochins
    2 Buff Orps
    2 Light Brahmas
    1 Iowa Blue
    1 Spangled Orloff

I may have to find a home for a few ~possibly~, because I had to order a couple extra to meet the minimum, but I do free range a lot, so hopefully they will be ok together. I'm sure it won't be hard to find a place for them if I need to.

Can't wait for them to get here!

2. KentuckyChick

KentuckyChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I loooooooooooooooooooooooooove my Dominiques!

3. wildeflowers

wildeflowers I suspect fowl play!

Jun 29, 2010
    I can't wait to get the Doms! They are the ones I think I want the most.

I just called to make sure that they added the insurance to my order, and said to the lady, "So, I won't get any packing peanuts, right?" And she says, "Maam, we don't use packing peanuts, we use males for warmth."

LOL! I told her that's what I meant! She had a good laugh about that one. Poor boys, relegated to lowly packing material.

I don't really want to have to find homes for extra males or process them, and I already have a roo, so I'm all set, thank you very much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by