Well since nobody stopped me........

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by momma's chickens, May 19, 2008.

1. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    [​IMG] we are now the proud parents of two ducks. I said, no more chickens, nothing about ducks! [​IMG]

We now have a khaki campbell and a cayuga. They are having a great time in the new digs.

[​IMG]

2. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Congratulations! So cute! [​IMG]

3. Dinos_rock

Dinos_rock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    [​IMG] I need some ducklings now....

4. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    I told DH "no ducks". He has 2 ponds, but the ducks would not be allowed to go in them because they might "fowl" them! He would cage them and give them a barrel to swim in, nope, not right. It is his pond plants or ducks! LOL

5. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Ours will also have a fenced area with a pool of water and a shelter, but they will be allowed to run around our land almost every day so I think they will be very happy!

6. raindrop

raindrop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    Western Oregon
    So sweet! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

7. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    So cute! I miss that cute baby stage! Mine are "ugly duckling" teenagers right now - but I still love them to no end. They have so much personality!

8. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    They're adorable! [​IMG]

9. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Sweet! Have fun with them. [​IMG] I love mine to bits. I just got two blue swedish this spring. They have a large dog house and enclosed pen with a kiddie pool and just has happy as can be out there. It's so funny to see the chickens all fussy when it rains because the ducks are just in their glory! I got lucky too and managed to pick out a male and female! I'm getting a pair of khaki campbells soon too. Yours are soooo cute!

10. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I almost picked out the blue swedish ducks but decided to go with these two. I am very happy with them so far, planning there permanent pen in my head. What did you enclose your pen with and approx. how big is it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by