well.. So far this morning is bad

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by DTchickens, Sep 17, 2008.

1. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Everyone first wakes up. Dad leaves for work and at 6:30 we get a phone call. Mom "Who is it?" me "..pawpaw, *hands her the phone*" She talks to him. and doesn't say much but "aw.. let us know (couldn't hear the rest because she kinda mumbled)" *hangs up*.. me "what was it?.." She calls dad. tells him to come back real quick (since he just left). we walk into the livingroom and sit down. as i sit quietly. dad comes in.. and mom says "Maw died last night", Now maw.. Was my great grandmother, she was diagnosed (forgive my spelling this morning). With Alzheimers a year or two ago. by how mom talked. grandpa is a mess. and dad.. Well tears was coming to his eyes while he also tried to hold it back (im guessing because i was there).. Sad thing is really.. In my whole life. the only time i can remember ever meeting her was 3 times.

Hope i didn't ruin anyones day. just felt like posting in case some wonder why im not on for a few days (if.. im not on)

-Daniel

In loving memory of

Maw Thornton, 1910-2008, RIP..

(Not even sure if Maw was her real name... just what everyone called her)

Positive note

She was a great woman the times i had met her. Nice to anyone, never heard her say a mean word, No cussing or anything.. never bothered anyone.. just sat in her house all alone while occasionally grandpa would come visit her. tough too, she would fell out of bed probably 3-4 times.. breaking her hip and whatever else.. and still making it. once she had alzheimers and they put her in a Home folks home. she even bit her tongue trying to get loose [​IMG] .. but still..

-Daniel

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am very sorry for your loss.

3. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    So sorry to hear - she must have been quite a lady!

4. geckomama

geckomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    [​IMG] so sorry.....

5. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Daniel I am very sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy to you and your family. To live to 98 is incredible. What things your Maw must have seen in her lifetime.

6. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    She lived a long life. RIP. hugs for you and your family

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

So sorry for your loss.

8. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    Sorry for your family's loss
    Brenda

9. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

So sorry for you loosing Maw! [​IMG]

Just remember to talk to Pawpaw and let him live the memories mainly the good times! Remember, memories are so worth recalling and very healing. And let him know that Maw is up in heaven watching you all and keeping you all safe!

may God keep you all safe and healthy!

10. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    Sorry for your families loss!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by