QuailRaiser

Songster
7 Years
6 Years
Jan 23, 2013
Victoria, British Columbia
My Coop
My Coop
Just got my first 4 chukar, came out his morning and an unknown predator had killed two of them, one i found, in the pen next to the wire, no head or legs or wings, sounds like a raccoon just pulled off his extremities, the other one just a mound of feathers next to the fence, not sure where the body went. any help is appreciated. i have two layers standard hexgaonal poultry mesh, 2X4 heavy duty wire.... what to do?? and one has a broken wing..

I use hardware cloth everywhere.You will also need an apron on the ground around the perimeter of your pen.Attach it to the bottom of the pen and go out at least 2 ft.You can either bury it,or lay it on top of the ground and tack it down with tent stakes.This is how I did mine so I can mow right up to the pens and it looks like nothing is there.I used the 1" hex chicken wire for the apron.Then you need to address the predator(s).The wire will help but if the predator is around he will find a way in sooner or later.Remember.they have all night to figure it out without being noticed.
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom