Well thats it.... they were processed

mmajw

Songster
11 Years
Jan 31, 2008
Maine
I bought 50 meat chicks in June. I knew I only wanted to keep them for 8 weeks and that is what I did. I lost 2 chicks within the first week and processed 48 yesterday. Well I myself didnt do it. DH and friend, they have all the equipment, did it.

The averaged 7-8 pounds. A lot smaller than I am use to but I bet they will fit better in the crock pot then those 10-12 pounders that I try and shove in.

Anyway, just wanted to share.......

Very good! Now you'll have LOTS of meat that will be much healthier for you than the grocery store stuff. I'm thinking of doing that myself next year. Great job!
clap.gif

Super M! Glad to hear that yours are a tad bit smaller then usual, mine seem to be also- if its the same flock. I have to say these guys I picked up from you have been healthy and decent (of course I only have 6 with no losses..so far so good)

Great job! They sound good coming out of the crock pot. What time is dinner?

Gumpsgirl (Jenny?) plenty of time to go for it this year
Our next order is due on the 22nd, will be ready for Halloween.

Quote:
I have been battling with Infectious Coryza in my flock and won't be able to introduce any new birds until next year. I could if I housed them away from the others, but I just don't want to chance it. Thanks for that advice and encouragement though! Oh! My name is Stacey, BTW!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom