Well that's one way to keep warm!

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by BurrowBird, Jan 11, 2017.

1. BurrowBird

BurrowBird New Egg

Jan 9, 2017
    North Carolina Mountains
    [​IMG]

My skinny little easter egger likes to take advantage of that super buff fluff, and just sit right on top!

Anyone else's chickens finding interesting ways to stay warm this winter?

(btw, they refuse to go into the coop, even when it dropped down into the single digits!)

2. PeepersMama

PeepersMama Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] Silly girl. I have ateensy little OEGB girl named Jane. She either sleeps on the floor with her frizzle friend, Izzy, or sleeps on the heater thing that dad made. That thing is soooo warm!

3. Fluffers

Fluffers Chillin' With My Peeps

Cute!
    These girls weren't trying to stay warm, they were fighting over the "best nestbox". That picture reminded me of this:
    [​IMG]

4. BurrowBird

BurrowBird New Egg

Jan 9, 2017
    North Carolina Mountains
    Ha! It seems chickens don't really have a "personal bubble". And there's ALWAYS a preferred nest box, unless someone lays an egg in a different nest box first.

5. Fluffers

Fluffers Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah,it seems like only the top of the pecking order have a bubble :)
    When my Austrolorp Tweeter, was broody i would take the eggs and when the next chicken lay an egg in another nest box she got up and sat on it [​IMG]

6. PeepersMama

PeepersMama Overrun With Chickens

My austra whites are notorious for sharing boxes! Most of them are just 5 gal buckets turned on their side with a board in front of it, and one time I found 3 chickens in the same box!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by