Well the count down is on...one day till my Geese come in!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Yetti, May 10, 2011.

1. Yetti

Yetti Chillin' With My Peeps

Finally! they are due in tomorrow at the feed mill. I ordered 3 Embden pairs. sure hope they all come in happy & healthy.

2. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    I got an email from Ideal Hatchery which said my brown African geese got shipped out, well I started to say today, but it is after midnight--so they got shipped yesterday. They said I should get them within 72 hours. I'm pretty excited too. I hope the flooding in Tennessee doesn't hold them up.

Wishing you good luck on your Embden geese, Yetti. Show us a picture of them when they come in.

3. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    I love my Embdens!! They are so sweet and good natured. I loved them so much I got 2 for Mother's Day. One is a pure Embden and one is a mix but I don't care they are my pets and I enjoy them so much. One of the adults is taking to being a momma to the babies so much so that she has attacked my goats and chases off the chickens and lunged for my nephew.

good luck and I can't wait to see some pictures of them!!!

4. Yetti

Yetti Chillin' With My Peeps

We have Gooses!

They are crafty though, here they are taking my son to the ground
    [​IMG]
    my grand daughter is watching as they try and do him in...
    [​IMG]
    it probably didn't help that they pooped on him too [​IMG]

but seriously they are adorable. they are so small. two of them looked like they were fresh out of the eggs when I picked them up. they were wet looking and shaking. the slip from Meztger's said the they were born on the 9th. judging from the way the two little ones looked they loaded the box at 11:59pm on the 9th.

5. countrychix

countrychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    Frewsburg, NY
    Yetti, they are adorable! Enjoy, they don't stay little for long. [​IMG] I'm sure they'll be gorgeous when grown too.

6. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Yetti, they are adorable. I hope they are doing ok! I just love baby geese!!!

7. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Whew, those are some tough geese you got there! [​IMG]

8. DuckDuckDuckGoose

DuckDuckDuckGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    The Great Northwest
    They are so cute!!!!!!!!!!and demanding and poopy and did I mention CUTE? BTW I noticed in the pics. that some have leg rings on, please don't forget to snip those off cause u can forget and they will actually grow into the leg and cause the goose pain, and they grow really fast. Enjoy them while you got them. My African gos. is 11days(Pendleton) and his buddy the Khaki Campbel duckling(Coco) is 10 days. I am enjoying every minute of the baby stage, cause they are big in a minute.
    This is my first time owning a goose. God sent he/she to me. I found he/she wet and cold in the middle of the busy road at my grandmas house on May 6th. I guessed he was born May 1st. so I made it his birthday. And Coco was born May 2nd(confirmed) got her at the farm & feed cause I found this gos. wondering what kind of duck it was.....[​IMG] until the guy at the feed store looked at the pic. and said "well mam, I believe you got yourself a African gosling." :rolleyes:WHAT!!!!!!!!!!THE!!!!! [email protected]$%#! Its a goose!" thats what I said. All I know is I hated geese all my growing up cause I have only met the mean ones that bit may butt when I was a kid. MAN did that hurt! thats all I remember about geese. Well, now he has got me wrapped hard! and my DH too! Besides all the things I mentioned in the first sentence, I think I will keep them.[​IMG]
    Plus, all 107 pages of the geese forum in BYC changed my view of geese too. And I learned alot!
    Can't wait to teach him/her to chase away the Jahova Witness. lol j/k.[​IMG] Thanks for all your stories, I really enjoy reading them. keep it up.

Thanks,
    T.

9. Balbinka

Balbinka Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    California
    They are CUTE! [​IMG]

10. DuckDuckDuckGoose

DuckDuckDuckGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    The Great Northwest
    Thank U Balbita, I would post some more pics but not sure how to get the pics from the uploads area of this site. Im sure someone will tell me how. I only managed to put the one pic. as my avatar.[​IMG]

T.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by