Well the duck pen is totally flooded...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    So I came home to the yard and the duck pen just totally flooded. The tarp doesnt nothing and the only respite my ducks got was the raised igloos and duck houses.

So the spoiled babies get to be out tonight so they have access to the dry barn. Stinky ducks.

Of course they love it though, five acres of water park for them to play in. Luckily they have yet to travel as far as the ditch which is like a small river.

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    LOL....no kidding. MORE MUD FOR ME is what they are thinking...LOL

3. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

You probably called the rain for them. I know you did. I'm calling Alabama right now and telling on you. Sheesh, Goat_Walker (not GHOST_WALKER) what the heck won't you do for your ducks?

4. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    That's what you get for living in Alabama [​IMG] [​IMG] No flooding here in GA, heck we are lucky if we get any rain. [​IMG]

5. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Quote:[​IMG] you caught me! I called mother nature in for a favor. Im such a horrible person [​IMG] No! Dont tell on me! They'll never take me alive!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And the mud thing isnt that bad, its more of dirty water which I am REALLY thankful for.

6. Duck Keeper

Duck Keeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Out in the Boonies
    Did you use some support for your tarp? I had to rig up a bunch of two by fours with cross beams when the tarp was on the dog kennel.

But of course you should go out and tip out the collected water if it rains very heavily or for very long. [​IMG]

BUT - I'm sure your ducks love it.

7. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I have the tarp slightly slanted. I need a new one. I cant beleive ive gone this long with onlyone tarp. I got this one back in february! and its still good as new.

8. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    Lucky ducks! The best mine get out here in the southwest is when I flood the yard by cleaning out the ponds every week or so. That water only last about 5-10 min. on top of the ground so they play fast. [​IMG] Or if the kids play in ther springkler..the ducks love that. We get the kids, ducks, and my dog running all over the yard. [​IMG]

9. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Well, you did send us some of that rain after all. We aren't really flooded though. My ducks did seem to enjoy their morning run of the yard more though, since the worms were easier to find and all the plants were wet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by