Well....the girls got 'em...darn it!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by trilyn, Nov 2, 2009.

1. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    http://ucanr.org/freepubs/docs/8162.pdf

I
    noticed one of my pullets vents looking a little raggedy and just thought it was a case of diarrhea (if only!) so I picked her little butt up and picked through her feathers, lo and behold I found some clusters clinging to her feather shafts! Ugh [​IMG] not what I wanted to see or have to deal with on such a gorgeous day!! So I grabbed the poultry dust I purchased a while back in hopes of NOT having to ever use it, and dusted her once fluffy butt. I grabbed some of the other girls she hangs out closely with and dusted them also. I dusted their roosts and boxes in the coop and I know this weekend I am going to have to do a complete overhaul on the coop rain/shine. I'm hoping this will be alright in the mean time. I believe it was Miss Prissy who had the great idea of using the nylon stocking as a powder puff, will definitely be doing that as the dust kind of pours right out of the can. Oh-my dh is in for a treat!! lol Wait til he finds out he has been elected chief chicken holder while I dust, hehehehe [​IMG]

I searched through byc and the web and found this great site (above) so I thought I would share it with you all. It is pretty much what a lot of people on byc have said-it's just nice to have the pics and info all in one spot. If anyone has any other tips to share pleeeaaase post 'em!! Thanks! [​IMG]

Trish

2. tulie13

tulie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    NW Florida
    Make sure you wear a dust mask while you are dusting the chickens - you don't want to be breathing all that stuff in!

3. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Oh yeah, we'll be definitely wearing masks for sure-thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by