Well, the sleet has started here in west GA....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pumpkinpup, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Looks as if we may be in for some nasty weather for the New Year [​IMG] I had hoped the weather reports were wrong and it would be a bit warmer and a whole lot dryer [​IMG]

What's it doing in your neck of the woods? [​IMG]

2. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Quote:Dang...sleet in Buchanan???!!! Its 45F in Cartersville and dry so far. Dang sure don't want any nasty icy stuff....

3. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Yard full o' rocks :

Quote:Dang...sleet in Buchanan???!!! Its 45F in Cartersville and dry so far. Dang sure don't want any nasty icy stuff....

Hi, Scott! Wish I had better news but, nope. It's true, sleet! I hope it passes quickly and the temps don't drop!
    Stay warm!!!!​

4. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Sleet just started here too....uuuggghhh.

Well, everyone is fed, watered and clean so I guess I'll just start a fire in the fireplace and watch bowl games tonight....with a glass of vino of course

5. Chuckles1330

Chuckles1330 Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Mableton
    Arggggh! I'm still downtown at work, so hope it doesn't head south any too soon. Have to make it to and from work tomorrow too. After that, weather can do what it wants - I've got plenty of animal feed, reading material, and quilting projects [​IMG]
    Stay safe!

6. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Snowing here....[​IMG]

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    It's starting up here too- but supposed to be over by tomorrow morning I think. At least we had a chance for a walk this morning- it started out nice.

8. iread

iread Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    South Carolina
    There has been sleet/snow at times in upstate SC today. Nothing much, though. I did see where Monday's high temp is supposed to be 32! Brrrr....that's cold for us!

9. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Just a sloppy rain here now but the temps are dipping close to the freeze mark so tonight may get interesting [​IMG] You all take care to be safe and stay bundled up!

10. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

drizzley mist today

we had sleet last night, but it was near 40*F at ground level so it melted after it hit the surface. I like the sound of sleet, but not the other effects!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by