Well this just Stinks! One Phoenix Dead after pip!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lockedhearts, Jun 1, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I had 3 pipped, one bad pipped on the back side (down side) of the shell. I should have opened the bator and turned it. but I kept tellingmyself, leave it alone, well after seeing nomovement since it first pipped, I quickly reached in and turned it over, nothing. No beak movement nothing at all. It had such a big hole pipped, I let the humidity get up again and quickly removed the egg. It was a fully formed Phoenix, still had a little yolk attached, but dead dead dead.
    [​IMG]

2. VanSintjan

VanSintjan Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2008
    Belgium
    I am so sorry for you.
    I also lost two hatched chickens and two dead in the egg, not piped, under my brody during the night. Don't blame your self. I know it's hard but there is just no way to know when to interfere.

3. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I am so sorry for your loss. Its true you never know when you should interviene. Are any of the babies ok? What color phoenix? I am getting two pairs of silver on Sat.

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I'm sorry for your loss! I've had to bury 5 chicks in our garden from this last hatch [​IMG] And I think I might have to bury one more. I've got a scraggly chick hobbling around that won't fluff and won't eat. ::sigh::

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by