Well this stinks...bought a bigger waterer and part of it is missing

gale65

Songster
9 Years
Aug 19, 2010
north central indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Went to TSC today (which is an hour away but we were there taking our bun to the vet so it wasn't a special trip) and wanted to get a waterer that I can fill from the top until dh gets around to making the bucket one w/ nipples. So anyway I grab the only 3 gallon top-fill waterer they have and buy it. I get home and look at the label and there is no plug. The plug thing that you put on the bottom hole when filling is GONE.
barnie.gif
So now I can't return the stupid thing until it's time to (hopefully) pick up our ailing bun and in the meantime I'm still wrestling with the little water thing that I can barely grab one-handed because it's so wide from top to bottom.
he.gif
AND this was the only one that TSC had.
hit.gif

I busted the cap off of one of my top-fill waterers the first month I had it. I hunted around in the kitchen cabinet until I found a cap of the same size, which happened to be the cap off of a bottle of something called Gravy Master and it works fine. That was more than 3 years ago, still using the same cap.

thanks. I will look around and see what I can find. I wonder if I called and explained, if they would just give me a cap. I may try on Monday. I'm pretty sure it'll be at least that long before the rabbit is ready to come home (if we even figure out what is wrong with her
sad.png
)

We went into Big R where we got ours and just asked them for the cap off of another one because ours was missing too..I think people loose them then just go in and take it off the display...

I wonder if I called and explained, if they would just give me a cap. I may try on Monday.

Probably, but didn't you say it was the only one they had?

If you're talking about calling Miller, they will likely be closed Monday​

Last edited:
Quote:
I have found they are good to work with. They might even stick one in the mail. Just call and talk to the manager. They have always been fair to me when a problem arose. Best of luck.

Another hint - My 3 year old, 3 gallon waterers are still working fine, but the "O" ring on my 5 gallon one gave out. I carry the O ring around with me in my purse, so that when we are in the different farm stores I can check for a new one. So far no luck. I don't want to spend $45 on a new waterer right now. Until we find a new O ring or I decide to go ahead and cough up the bucks for a new waterer all together, I've found that the Glad brand of saran wrap, Press 'n Seal, works great. I fill the waterer, seal the opening with a piece of the press 'n seal, and screw the lid on. It creates the suction necessary for the waterer to fill properly without overflowing.

I have a 5-gal waterer like that, that I lost the plug to. What do I do? I stick my finger in the hole every time I have to fill it-------to lazy to find something around the house that will fit it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom