1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Well, this "USE" to be my garden....oh well, lol

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Badbaby05, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Badbaby05

Badbaby05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    It could be worse I suppose.....they could be in the middle of the lawn doing it!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Our yard is still to muddy for a dirt roll,but I did catch the girls sunning on the straw in the run.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I've had a 3 X 4 raised garden bed totally taken over by the chickens. They just look too darned happy for me to be upset. It is now the largest chicken dust bath spa on the property.

5. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Quote:[​IMG] I swear they look deboned when they do that -- love it. So far mine have left the planters on my porch alone, and I actually have some marble size tomatoes in one and have already eaten lettuce from another. It remains to be seen whether the plants or the chickens win the race....

6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Quote:[​IMG] I swear they look deboned when they do that -- love it. So far mine have left the planters on my porch alone, and I actually have some marble size tomatoes in one and have already eaten lettuce from another. It remains to be seen whether the plants or the chickens win the race....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Silkie Sue

Silkie Sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2007
    Sarnia, Ontario
    [remains to be seen whether the plants or the chickens win the race....]

My money is on the chickens.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by