Well, today SUCKED.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by eenie114, Sep 10, 2011.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

The other day one of my friends and I got invited to go to Worlds of Fun with another family with a girl our age we know and are friends with. So I was super excited, as I hardly ever get to hang out with friends without at least one younger sibling tagging along.
    So I got up early this morning (on a SATURDAY) and did all my chores, packed a lunch and headed out, thinking I was going to have a blast. Nope.
    On the way there, (MALES, RUN AWAY!) "girl stuff" happened, and I didn't bring any supplies because I wasn't due for the monthly torture session yet! It was early! [​IMG] I always have killer, make-you-curl-up-in-the-fetal-position-then-cry-and-consider-a-sex-change cramps, so I was in terrible pain on the way there, while Taylor and Elisa were all cheerful and expecting me to be the same. [​IMG]
    We got there, I got out of the car and felt all light-headed. I thought it was just my blood pressure being odd, but by the time we got to the front gates, my vision was blacking out and my knees were giving way. I sat down really fast and told Taylor's mom I needed to sit down... And then I threw up. [​IMG] It was so embarrassing... I hadn't gotten within fifty feet of a roller-coaster, which have never affected me anyway, and I was still sick!
    One of them took me home, where I took a hot bath and then slept for about five hours straight.

[​IMG] I had an awful day.

2. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    [​IMG]

3. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Sounds awful. I can relate - but the throwing up? That's never happened to me. Maybe you're sick [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  4. eenie114

Quote:I am very much sick. [​IMG] And when I'm sick, I'm SICK. [​IMG]

5. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Quote:I am very much sick. [​IMG] And when I'm sick, I'm SICK. [​IMG]

IF its that bad, i would be getting LOTS of rest, and chugging the water down. Cramps SUCK.

6. AuberyMirkwood

AuberyMirkwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    I feel for you. My monthly torture is just as bad and it DOES wait for trips/events. Record so far, 10 days early, 14 days late. I now have supplies permanently in the car AND in my purse. [​IMG]

7. eenie114

Quote:[​IMG] Wow, that's some devious timing. Mine has never been that bad, today it was 4-5 days early.

Heartchicks: Yeah, I'm resting in between studying for a WWII test in JROTC, I've slept all I can, and I'm drinking lots of liquids. [​IMG]

8. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

Awwwww...that is bad. I'm so sorry. If you're still throwing up, be sure to keep hydrated. It really sucks being a female sometimes. Hang in there, you've got lots more of these days coming. [​IMG]

~Kelly~
    My Country Chronicles Blog

9. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Back in the dark ages when I was a teenager, I used to get sick like that. Vomit, feel faint, cramps that hurt stomach, back, thighs and arms, all of it. The worst comment I every got was from a lady at church, she said it will all go away when you have your first baby. I was thirteen at the time. Way to make a girl want to become at teen parent! I even had the school nurse drive me home one day because she thought I would pass out on the bus.

So sorry it had to work out that way for you; that you lost a day that would have been fun.

Some suggestions for the future. Keep ibuprofen handy, it works better than anything else. When I was in college I took 800 mg every four hours. That was the standard prescription dose. That is 4 regular tablets. Some people are really helped over the long term by a daily supplement with calcium and magnesium, called dolomite.

Also, you will grow out of it, in all likelihood. I suspect it will be in your late teens or early twenties. I still get cramps, and the occasional migraine but I'm not incapacitated for 1-2 days per month, every month. By the time I was in college, the cramps and other stuff were mostly just an inconvenience. Not much help for the here and now...but it does get better. Seeing a gynocologist might also be a good idea. You shouldn't really have to suffer so much.

10. eenie114

Quote:Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay..... [​IMG]

I'd ask my mom if I could go on the Pill, but she tried it (these awful cramps are genetic) when I was a baby and the side effects were worse than the cramps. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by