well tomorrow is the day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KristyHall, Jul 23, 2011.

1. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    I'm heading out 4 am in the morning for Iowa and i'm nervous. I hate leaving the house and animals for so long. I keep worrying something horrible will happen to my family or animals while gone.

I have a tiny bag packed with clothes then i have several bags and boxes of regalia, tools, and demonstration items.

The pens are set up the coup is clean, everyone is updated on who gets what when.

Hmm I should probably make and freeze some meals for the family.

I've brushed up on my Tsalagi, and realized form years of disuse I have lost a LOT of the language so when I come home i'm going to have to reteach myself and call some Kituwah speaking friends to bounce the language off of.

hmmm I hope i have everything!

the schedule was sent to me and it turns out I've been volunteered to make more appearances than I thought. It's fine though, most of it is working with children which is what I am use to. Children are easy to demonstrate to. Tell some stories teach them a few phrases songs and social dances... I love working with children. They're so much fun and their excitement is contagious.

2. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    Sounds like a blast. Please be safe traveling and be sure to get lots of pictures!

3. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:i will! wickednerd is driving me. it was awful nice of her to offer to drive me so we could hang out

4. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I am not exactly sure what you are doing, but if its kids . . .GOOD for you. They are like sponges and so innocent and just soak it up . . have fun and please don't forget the pics.

Speaking of pics. I stopped at a yard sale last night, and found an EXCELLENT camera case for my Kodak and showed it to the girl and said how much? She said $1. I felt something in it, pulled out a NIKON COOLPIC L1 CAMERA. Held it up, and said how much for all of it?
    She said . . . . . . .$1. Came home looked it up on Amazon and its a $70 camera. Works like a champ!!!! WHAT A DEAL~

5. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Cool Kristy. Glad to see you getting back on the Trail. I know what you mean about forgeting the language too. A couple of weeks ago I was going to tell my youngest daughter some of the old stories and just drew a total blank. An hour later I had words and phrases just popping into my head at randon. It is so easy to forget something when we don't use it daily. It's sad, but in a few more years it'll be hard to find anyone truely fluent anymore. (I never was great, but could at one time converse anyway. lol).

Good luck and I wanna see lots of pictures on your return!

6. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:wow that's an awesome deal! And I am going to volunteer at a living village to teach about certain aspects of native life during certain time periods. i'll be touching on just a few tribes and demonstrating basic primitive cooking techniques, sewing, art and culture of said tribes. Mostly I'll be talking about women's things. I'll touch on some of the tribes that were in their are and a bit on my own tribe.

7. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Have a safe trip, Kristy! Enjoy! [​IMG]

8. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    have a safe trip sounds like a great experience [​IMG]

9. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:i understand fully. I grew up around a storyteller and learned a lot of rare stories that few get to hear. You know the sort you're not really suppose to tell outside of a whisper or close family, being someone who knows Kituhwa you know what I'm talking about. i am bringing the camera.

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:X 2

Be safe, don't worry--you've covered all bases at home, and enjoy the experience.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by