Well we did it!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by RedfogsFlock, Dec 29, 2010.

1. RedfogsFlock

RedfogsFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    Wittmann, AZ
    My DH and I had originally got 4 leghorn hens. Mom come to visit & thought it a funny joke to buy us 4 ducks, 4 turkeys, and 30 chicks! Before you knew it we had 40 chickens, 4 turkeys, 10 ducks, & 3 geese! (last time we let her house sit!)

Well we have 4 acres & have been letting them free range 24/7. Not bad. Well we're getting ready to move 2,000 miles. Soooo today we gave everyone away! With the exception of our original 6 hens, and 4 ducks!

YAY! Just thought we would share! I am SO relieved and can't wait to see our new feed bill! [​IMG]

2. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    wow a big move. How much property will you have at your new place? (reason is rebound syndrom, a few more here, a few more there.....)

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Whew... I bet that was a relief!! [​IMG]

4. akcharlie1960

akcharlie1960 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    Chugiak, Alaska
    Moving from where to where? Just being nosey.

5. RedfogsFlock

Jan 17, 2010
    Wittmann, AZ
    Moving from Arizona to Indiana. I know BIG temp change huh? We figured the few girls we have left can stay in kennels in the house if need be till we get something worked out. It wouldn't be the first time! Just let them go out a little everyday to do their thing.

BooBear = I know huh? I have to keep myself under control, so hubby will be the one going to the feed store, lol

We don't know how much property we will have in Indiana. We are definitely buying though. The house we are looking at right now has a double lot, so not as much property but close to the grandbabies!

I AM so relieved on the feed bill. We were up to $75 a week in feed, now were at about $25 a week! YAY!

We've already checked into the LORE for where we are moving too. That was another reason to get rid of so many birds, we're not allowed as many in city limits. So if we get stuck living in city we don't have to get rid of anyone else.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good luck with the move. How soon will Mom be visiting?[​IMG]

7. RedfogsFlock

Jan 17, 2010
    Wittmann, AZ
    Quote:Well since mom doesn't like the cold hopefully it will be awhile, lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by