Well, well...it's about time!

miss_jayne

Lady_Jayne
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Columbiaville, MI
finally! a lovely green egg from one of my Australorp/Ameracauna mutts!
on Election day no less!

i caught three of them in the nest box together this a.m. chirping away.
my neighbor just drove me to vote and when i got home, i asked my daughter to check the nest box.....she was freaking out!

12425_green_egg.jpg

Hey Miss_Calamity_ Jane - it's a good thing your daughter is holding the egg. If it were you, you'd probably slip on a banana peel and woops goes the new egg! (More bubblewrap!)

Quote:
paging Dr. Eggdrop, Dr. Eggdrop to the bubble wrapping station!

i seriously was about to check before voting, but my neighbor pulled into the drive...she probably saved that cute little egg without even knowing it!

BTW, pass the lip gloss!

Quote:
That's so funny you should mention that. I just pulled open my desk drawer and perused the 8 different lip applications sitting there, and I was so depressed, I chose the colorless & flavorless Nivea balm. But you always cheer me up, Miss_Jayne.

i gave them a little pep chat this a.m. when i saw them in the box (even Rex, the roo was in there with them) i let them know that i was voting for a change in laying habits! must've worked.

i hope they form a committee dedicated to egg production and another to stop all eyeball/toe nail polish attacks.

BUFF...just put some of my Chicken Poop on at the eye doc and my lips feel wonderful!!! woo hooo! i feel so moisturized!

this is Sister Mary Agnes, one of the Australorp/Ameracauna mixes that laid the egg...isn't she cool with her big comb and beard! we say she looks like she is wearing a habit, so she needed a nun's name!

12425_hpim0543.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom