1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

well, well......what do we have here?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chicken burger, Jan 26, 2011.

1. chicken burger

chicken burger Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2010
    I wanted a cheap ol' pullet for my mix bred cockrel. He has been trying to....ahem.......my baby chicks. So I quickly looked at her, she looked like the right size, so I took her. She came in a pair with a cockrel, but I figured, I'm bound to find a nice home for him.

I came home and went about my day. Then tonight. I decided to take some photo's and thats when I really noticed these chooks. They are GORGIOUS! This little cockrel is staying here for sure. They are however in pretty bad shape. they are HORRIBLY thin!

I know they are cochin bantams, I am just wondering what you would call the colouring. birchen or silver penciled?

I have no idea how old they are either....

Pullet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cockrel
    [​IMG]
    Feathers coming out on shoulders and wings
    [​IMG]
    Feathers coming out on back
    [​IMG]
    Say what?
    [​IMG]

and then, just because you can never have too many chooks, I also picked up this little critter today. She is my FIRST buff orpington. I call her Buttercup.
    She sits on my shoulder all day and never stops chatting! I don't think she is english because telling her to "shut up" only encourages more chatter! She eats and then QUICKLY runs back to me and hops onto my lap! She is the cutest little thing.
    She is just as skinny though....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  2. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Buttercup looks and acts just like my Ginger. Also a Buff Orpington. She takes a few bites of food from the bowl when I bring treats and then looks up at me waiting for me to pick her up. If I don't, she runs around to my backside and jumps up on my back and then up to my shoulder. She's just as sweet as apple pie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. chicken burger

chicken burger Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2010
    Quote:LOL!!!!! I suppose they get a little heavy after a while [​IMG] [​IMG]

No body told me they were such sweet chickens! I'm in LOVE!

4. axion_lotus

axion_lotus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Central NC
    Cute buff orps, guys. [​IMG] What little sweeties!

They really are awesome birds, I can't wait to get mine in the mail. [​IMG]

The wait is driving me crazy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by