Well, what have we got here?

Shortbread

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 10, 2013
Picked up 4 Bantams from the assorted Bantam bin at Callahans - chicks are about 5 weeks old now. Hoping for some help identifying breed and most importantly sex!

By the way - I never realized how difficult it was to take a good picture of a chicken. They NEVER keep still! :)

Thanks!

BELLA - really hoping this one is a female, totally my favorite. So gentle and flys to land on me for snuggles whenever I open the cage.

SOLEIL - I have doubts this is actually a bantam, unless they vary in size. This one appeared to be a week or so younger than the others based on the lack of wing feathers when I got them. It is now larger than the rest and kinda fat. Very soft and squishy compared to the others. Also it's legs are really big and stocky compared to the others.

LUCY (or LOU) - Assuming this a rooster? This one has wanted to have nothing to do with me since day 1 :( Was the most striking looking of all the chicks. It's feet are kinda purple looking and so is the breast bone.

DALI- Interesting coloring, the white feathers you can see on the chest in this photo continue all the way down the front. Back of the neck and head are coming in orange.

I appreciate any help!

#1 is a pullet - my guess a wheaten old english game bantam
#2 is a cockerel(that rosecomb is too wide and pronounced for a pullet that age) - my thoughts are buff wyandotte
#3 is a cockerel - either golden campine or gold campine old english game bantam
#4 is a cockerel - black breasted red old english game, his colour alone is already a give away to his gender, hens of that colour would have no black on their chest

#1 is a pullet - my guess a wheaten old english game bantam
#2 is a cockerel(that rosecomb is too wide and pronounced for a pullet that age) - my thoughts are buff wyandotte
#3 is a cockerel - either golden campine or gold campine old english game bantam
#4 is a cockerel - black breasted red old english game, his colour alone is already a give away to his gender, hens of that colour would have no black on their chest
x2 only one pullet in this group sorry

1) Pullet
2) Cockerel
3) Cockerel
4) Cockerel
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom