wellie roo sex link

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by guineaman, Oct 18, 2009.

1. guineaman

guineaman Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2009
    Bellville TX
    will the wellie roo work for a sex link or should i just use a rir? i have some rsl hens that lay a very dark terracotta egg,sooooo i was thinking maybe wellie? plus i like the look of a wellie roo. thanks

2. catfish/okie

catfish/okie Chillin' With My Peeps

I think a wellie roo and a barred rock hen makes a sex-link.

3. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

You could use a wellie male on cuckoo Marans female. [​IMG]

4. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I have a cross of welsummer rooster x barred rock hens and they make a black sex link chick.
    The rooster chicks are barred, black with large white head spot at hatch.
    The pullet chicks are black at hatch and are black, black with brown mixed , and black with golden neck feathers.
    I don't have any pullets of laying age yet, I'm thinking the egg color will be nice.
    I'm going to try this coming year crossing my white hens for a red sex link.

Red sex link hens crossed with a welsummer rooster wont get a sex link chick just a mix chick that should lay darker eggs. they would be all red and black breasted red .

5. guineaman

guineaman Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2009
    Bellville TX
    would the wellie roo over white rock give me rsl?

6. Krys109uk

would the wellie roo over white rock give me rsl?

If the white rock is silver columbian with dominant white &/or recessive white you will get sex links for silver/gold.
    If the white rock is recessive white with barring gene you would get sex links for barring/non barring.​

7. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    look another sex linked question.

Tim

8. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio

LOL.. They realy need you to wright that Sex-link post that you where talking about and then sticky it....

Chris​

9. Krys109uk

I quite agree Tim. Have you written to the administration asking for a sticky on sex links?

Another one which comes up just about every day is: "What happens when I breed my white with a (_______)?"​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by