Wells, Maine Free Silkie cockerels

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by mandelaykay, Jan 31, 2013.

1. mandelaykay

mandelaykay Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Southern maine
    For your consideration I am offering three Silkie cockerels for free. I live in Wells Maine and will not ship due to the cold weather so this is for pick up only.

I hatched these boys out last spring and have been growing them out for show. Once they hit puberty I started to notice color faults on two and hard feathering on the third.

The first boy is a nice full feathered blue. Some hard wing feathers and red leakage.
    The second is a black boy. He is also very full feathered with good type but has white leakage around his neck. Both if these boys are very lovely to look at and if i wasnt showing I would keep them. These would make a great addition to a pet home with someone who loves funky colors.

The last boy is all black and is pet quality. He has hard tail feathering. I am unable to get any good pictures right now due to weather but will post as soon as i can.

Thank you for looking at my listing

Mandy

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  2. luvmychixandducks

luvmychixandducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Danvers, Massachusetts
    Mandy-
    I'm on the North Shore in Mass so not far away...
    I'd take one of your boys if I could find a silkie hen or two to keep him occupied and
    happy.
    Do you have any available for sale ?
    Wouldn't want to take a single roo with no job to do. He's better off with you in that case..

I have an empty coop with newly acquired dog kennel pen to keep them safe from coyotes.
    Let me know if this is an option. Norm

3. Hana Leger

Hana Leger New Egg

Oct 4, 2013
    Hello I live in wells maine and looking to get a chicken by tonight it's for a good reason if u can bring one they are free . Or no and are they baby's I would like one as soon as possible thanks Hannah

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by