Welp hatchery? Do they have high quality show birds?

Bayrider16

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 19, 2013
Guys, i need your help. Have any of you ordered SHOW chickens from Welp and recieved good ribbons? I usually order from McMurray hatchery, and i did GREAT at fair. But their completley out of everything i want, so im forced to go with Welp. I would like some pictures of your show birds from Welp, and please tell me the ribbon he/she recieved. Im very hesitant to go with Welp, since i loved the birds i got through McMurray. Thanks!! I would like pictures ASAP. :)

I've never ordered from Welp, but personally, I wouldn't show hatchery stock birds. There's a huge difference between show lines and feedstore/hatchery lines.
I would recommend you try to find a breeder of the breed you want and order eggs/chicks from them.
smile.png

SilkiesForEver is correct, you won't find true show quality birds from any of the major hatcheries. You would need to find a breeder. What breeds are you looking for?

If you're showing 4-H, you're probably showing against other hatchery birds. Frankly, one hatchery bird is going to be pretty much same as the next. It doesn't really matter what hatchery you're going to.

Back
Top Bottom