Welp Hatchery-Russian Oloffs

NEK38583

Songster
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Sparta, TN
I was wondering how is Welp Hatchery-Russian Orloffs. If you could post pictures it would be greatly appreciated. I would normally just order eggs from a breeder, but I have pre-ordered so many eggs for this of different breeds that I don't think that is going to be possible. I am going to have to order some from a hatchery. Ideal is sold out so I think Welp is my best choice. Please let me know their qualty and if you have any pics that would be great. Thanks.

chickpeaz

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
Central PA
I don't know anything about quality of their breed stock, but when I was ordering from Welp 2 weeks ago, they were sold out of Russian Orloffs for the rest of 2011. Have you checked with them recently re: availability?

rebel-rousing-at-night

Songster
10 Years
Oct 16, 2010
Appalachian Rain Forest
Quote:
You're right their site does say sold out but I called them and my first call said yes but we were cut off.Later today I called again and a different person said they were sold out but I told her that earlier today I was told they had some so she looked and said yes.I placed my order.I don't expect any great quality though.

NEK38583

Songster
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Sparta, TN
I will check their website. I am keeeping my fingers cross. I think I might have waited a little bit to long to place my order this year.

Thanks.

mississippifarmboy

collects slightly damaged strays
12 Years
Oct 22, 2008
Glen, Mississippi. 40+ chicken years
Here is a link to a page of pictures or some of our spangled Orloffs, these are from Welp and also another breeder strain I have. These are not great pictures as they were still growing in the adult feathers. I need to get new pictures soon as they are looking great now.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=17452-spangled-russian-orloffs

I'm currently setting all eggs I gather in the incubator, expermenting with different crosses between the strains I have. Also have a third strain from a different breeder hatching out as I post this.

Maybe this will help.

NEK38583

Songster
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Sparta, TN
Thanks so much ! They are sold out for the year through. If I have room this summer in my bator I may be able to get some eggs from a breeder, but it seem all hatcherys are already sold out. I am going to try and get another breed from welp through. Thanks so much for your help ?

Top Bottom