Welp

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by lowcountrypoultry, Feb 8, 2008.

1. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, I just recieved my order or chicks from Welp Hatchery today!

I was wondering if anyone has ordered from here before?

Two arrived dead in the box and four more have died in the last 6 hours, but all the others look good and healthy.

All my cornish rock broilers arrived healthy and safe, very impressed.

Wouldnt order white leghorns from them though, mainly those are the ones who were sick looking and were passing.

2. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    I've ordered from them in the summer, and all 40 arrived healthy and chirping. There is someone else on here, who ordered recently, and has had a heck of a terrible loss [​IMG] Even with the replacement chicks. I think it's just too cold right now...if you think about it, these are brand new chicks that require a heat lamp with 90+temperatures...how cold is it out now?

I have an order to be shipped in two weeks, from Welp's, and another from Ideal. If it doesn't warm up here a bit, I'm seriously considering calling to see if I can "delay" my order...main reason I put it in earlier, was to get the breeds I wanted, and figured I'd have to have them shipped sooner too.

I would let Welp know about the loss, they are wonderful as far as replacement/credits go. Just see if the replacements (if you go that route) can be shipped at a later date. I wouldn't neccesarily blame the breed, again, more then likely it was the weather, or a post office problem. Sorry for your loss,

Dawn

3. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    The feed store I go to orders from them. They like them. They are going to let me put an order in along with theirs that way i won't have to order 25. I hope they are good!

4. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    My original chickens (first time having them) came from Welp's-through Campbell's Supply, a farm/home/auto supply store. After they grew a few months, I ordered directly from them, and all were healthy and chirping. I hope it's the same case this year, I did end up pushing my order back to March 10th.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by