Welp's Cornish Rock Broilers

kansasmom

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 24, 2010
Are these the same as the Jumbo Cornish Cross from Cackle and the Jumbo Cornish X Rock at McMurray?

Thanks for the help. We have just started our adventure with chickens and would like to try about 25 meat chickens in the spring.

BTW "Happy Thanksgiving" to eveyone!

Last edited:
I ordered 18 slow broilers from Welp. They were straight run and I got 5 roosters and 13 hens. I started butchering at 10 weeks for the roos. Dressed weight was 3 lbs. I am letting the girls go until 14-15 weeks. I have had no problems with them. Unrestricted food and lots of treats. They are in very good health and beautiful birds. Here are some pics.
63732_dcp_2068.jpg
63732_dcp_2116.jpg
63732_dcp_2127.jpg
63732_dcp_2188.jpg
63732_dcp_2146.jpg
Good luck with your choice of meaties!

We did our very first batch of meaties this year (August), and got them from Welp. We chose Welp because we heard nothing negative about their meaties and because they were really cheap. We got 50 Cornish X males for $1.55/each, including shipping! They grew out well, and were about 4.5-5# each (dressed weight) at 8-10 weeks old. We did the restricted feed thing that Welp recommends, and only lost one bird due to my brother handling it roughly at 6.5 weeks old. They are very tender and taste great! We're very happy with them and will order again!

We raised the fast broilers from Welp this year for the fair. We got grand champion meat chicken with them. They were huge! We butchered them at 10 weeks and the pre-cleaned weights were between 10 and 14lbs. Not one of them fit into the gallon size freezer bags we used last time. They were ready to be butchered at 6-7wks but we had to wait until after the fair. We will be ordering more from Welp come spring.

Back
Top Bottom