Welsh Halequin Breeders in Southern Ontario??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Lucky1, May 27, 2012.

1. Lucky1

Lucky1 Chirping

Jan 28, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I am wanting to get some more ducklings but I don't know where to look! I got my current ones at the Saugeen Fur and Feather Show but I didn't catch the guys name. I found another person near me but they only costom hatch and sell in 3 dozen or more! All I want is to pick up one duckling! Does anyone know who the guy might be or of anyone else how breeds than and is willing to sell me 1?? I live about 2 1/2 hrs away from Toronto and the closest thing to a city near me is Owen Sound.
    Thanks, Lucky

2. Lucky1

Lucky1 Chirping

Jan 28, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Anyone?? :(

3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Crowing

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Have you looked on Kijiji?

4. Lucky1

Lucky1 Chirping

Jan 28, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Yes I have. I have even posted a couple of ads without ever receiving a reply. :( and I don't know the name of the guy I bought my current ones off of so I can't even see if he has anymore!

5. Did you try craigslist? I sympathize -- I have WH's too, and I just was lucky enough to find someone with some excess ducklings that she needed to get rid of. They were even from Holderreads . . . I took two extra drakes, because I was so happy to get some -- figure I'll rehome them after they feather out and I figure out which one I want to keep.

Ebay is a long shot, but I think they do have a local pickup, pet section.

You could try posting on the long Welsh Harlequin thread and see if someone on that knows anyone in the area . . .

6. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Crowing

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Do you have any birds clubs near you? you could try contacting one of them to inquire on breeders.

7. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Songster

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I'm part of a FB group. I could probably get you in if you like. Send me a PM with your name and stuff, if you'd like to get in [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: