Welsh Harlequin Boy looking for a home, do I really need too? CA

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by CorralitosSunflower, Sep 16, 2009.

1. CorralitosSunflower

CorralitosSunflower Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2009
    Corralitos
    So I hatched four welsh harlequins (from Metzer Farms eggs) with my 3 yr daughter about 3/4 months ago and hooray three girls and one boy (according to bill coloring) !!!! WELL, turns out two are boys and two are girls. I was so sad to see that second little curly feather pop out. So I have two questions
    1. Do I really need to get rid of one of the boys? I have read that they will harrass my girlies to no end and I am worried [​IMG] Does anyone have any good experiences with this? Or any other suggestions so we don't have to give him away?

2. My daughter and I dearly love all our babies and I can't imagine culling one or giving him away for meat. Does anyone here want a new Drake or know someone who does? I am located in Santa Cruz Ca

2. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    I don't know how that works. I, too, ended up with 2 and 2. I am hoping for the best. Right now, it looks almost like they've paired up so, maybe it'll work. If not, I guess I'll be looking for more girls. *sigh*

3. Duck Keeper

Duck Keeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Out in the Boonies
    Some ducks will pair up but you never know what they're thinking, and it might change from year to year. [​IMG]

Hope it works out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by