Welsh Harlequin Ducklings (Holderread Top Show)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by FarmrGirl, Jun 24, 2010.

1. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Sold as straight run only for pick up only in Pomfret, Maryland (Washington DC area).

3 Holderread Top Show quality available. These wonderful show birds can also be used for breeding. Hatched 6/7 by Holderread. They're well started and just beginning to show signs of feathering. This breed often has egg yields equal to or greater than the Campbell. This depends nearly as much on environment and management as it does on genetics, but Harlequins should yield an annual production of 275-350 excellently flavored, large to extra-large white eggs.

REPORTS OF EXCELLENT WINS by Holderread customers have been coming in from across North America. A few of the highlights include: Reserve Bird In Show at the American Poultry Association's 2005 National Show with 2800 birds competing; Grand Champion Waterfowl at the 1700 bird Wisconsin International Show the fall of 2006; and Best Bird In Show at the historic 2006 joint American Poultry Association and American Bantam Association National with 11,640 birds entered in November.

This duck is listed as critical by the American Livestock Conservancy. There is an urgent need for more conservation breeders of Harlequins.

For more details and tons of pictures see my website: http://2mooses.weebly.com/livestock-for-sale.html

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  2. ChickFila

ChickFila Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Do you know their gender?
    Which city do you live?

3. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Hi!

Sorry... all ducks and geese are sold as straight run only because that's the way they came from Holderread and I can't guarantee sexing. I'm in Pomfret, MD which is in Charles County off Indian Head Hwy (210) between Accokeek and La Plata.

4. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Do you ever sell hatching eggs from these guys?

5. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    I will probably have fertile eggs by next spring. Everyone is pretty young this season. I'll certainly post them here when I have some available [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by