Welsh Harlequin Ducklings...supposed to be 3 females, but i'm concerned that 2 are males

Laura

Chirping
12 Years
Jun 5, 2008
Hi everyone,
I have had chickens for 7 years now, but am brand new to ducks. We ordered 3 Welsh Harlequin females from Metzer. Hatch date is Aug 11, 2014, arrived at our house 3 days later. They all 3 have looked pretty different from each other from the get go. In the pic below, left to right, Daisy, Rose (in the back), and Buttercup.
ducklings.jpg
ducklings.jpg

Now that they are over 3 weeks old, one for sure (Daisy), and maybe another one (Rose), has started developing a dark head. Daisy in particular has a dark head with a distinct line around the neck where the dark color ends and it switches to light colored. Here are Buttercup who is female I think (front) and Rose who maybe is male but maybe female (back):

And here is Daisy, the one that seems most likely male:

We really only wanted females for eggs. I can handle one male, but two?! If anyone has any input, it is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks so much,
Laura

The only thing I hear from them is the peeping sound that they've made from the beginning. Today, when they were alarmed, one of them (Rose) made a sort of honking sound. Other than that it's just peep peep peep.

Back
Top Bottom