Welsh Harlequin ducks..... need some help...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lakota_elder, Jan 6, 2011.

1. lakota_elder

lakota_elder Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2009
    North Central, FL
    I will be leaving Jan 20 to go on some mission work and will be gone until May.... I am trying to sell or lease 4 ducks, breeding n show quality. I have placed this ad in the auction/listing area. If you can help me out or know of anyone please have them contact me.

Ad as follows:
    I have 4 Welsh Harlequin ducks for sale. A breeding pair of silver harlequins both show quality and producing. Hen is 16 mos and drake is 10 mos, fully feathered and looking good. Excellent markings and size.

And 2 top egg producing hens, breeding quality. One hen is 16 mos and the other is 10 months. Both are producing an egg a day. The older hen has raised one brood, is an excellent mother and egg producer. She only stopped laying long enough to hatch her batch and raise them. She also produces a huge double yolk egg every third or fourth day...

Asking $20 each if you take all four. OR....... $50 if your local and I can get back 6 of their young this summer. I have to go on mission work til May 2011 and don't have anyone to take care of them..... OR... $25 and you can lease the 4 until May 2011, get your own brood from them, and I get the original ducks back...... Photos sent to your email...

2. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    I live in central florida and i LOVE WH, are yours loud at all? becasue mine are pretty loud and if yours were quiet i would sell mine and keep yours! So 1 drake and 5 females?

3. treldib

treldib Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    Quote:Are yours between 6 & 20 weeks old? They will quiet down...I can guarantee that. Its a phase....kinda like human teenagers [​IMG]

4. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    Haha, ok..well i was just wanting laying ducks, but i love mine so much, i have a silver drake 2 golden hens and another pet quality drake..then i have muscovys and a pekin, and i want to keep all the WH get rid of all the muscovys acept 1 female for broodiness, and thats 3 females to 3 drakes, so ill have to make a bachelor pad or do something because i cant get rid of any drakes because they are my babies, sorry im rambling, but my mom said i cant get anymore right now, so sorry, but if they are still available maybe later!! [​IMG]

5. lakota_elder

lakota_elder Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2009
    North Central, FL
    Hi... there are only 4, one drake and 3 hens.... all silver... wish you could get them. And yes the dominant female can get quite vocal but doesn't last long. The rest are pretty quiet...

6. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    I am interested, sent you PM

I do not care if they are loud.

Ducks quack and are loud, so are roosters, geese, peacocks or guinea hens.

They are all loud, much louder than my wife.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by