Welsh Harlequin Ducks - Quiet? HA

NellaBean

Graceland Farms
10 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Broodyland, TN
My Coop
My Coop
I thought they were supposed to be mellow and quiet breed? My 3 girls are SO LOUD. They quack so loud you can hear them thruogh my cell phone even when I am up the hill in front of the house. They make my runners sound like church mice.....

Is this normal? why do I have the loudmouth ducks on this block? LOL

Mine, honestly aren't that loud. The girls only get loud when they are threatened (like when my four year old wants to "hold" them) or when I go out first thing in the morning to feed them. Other than that, they are quiet and peaceful. It's really too bad yours are so loud, I love mine.

I have one that is REALLY LOUD. She is being sold. Supposed to be picked up tonight
big_smile.png

The others occasionally yack it up, but overall they are quiet.

Well, I have no neighbors behind me, my neighbor on one side LOVES my ducks, my neighbor on the other side is mostly deaf and likes the ducks (but when annoyed can take out her hearing aids and be deaf LOL) and my neighbor across the road has 2 DONKEYS and a bunch of sheep.

So its okay that they're noisy. Just strange. They are REALLY REALLY loud. It's like they are trying to quack as loud as possible. they really put their bodies into it
lau.gif

My WH were LOUD! Loud beyond belief. Wifezilla didn't even get the loudest ones. They were deafeningly loud. I didn't realize how quiet all of my bantam ducks were until I had WH, LOL. Maybe I have quieter Calls than normal as well, but they put even my Calls to shame.

Mine weren't bad at first, but ever since the one went broody and the other got jealous, they've been pretty loud. Babies hatching right now to perpetuate the loudness (or at least, I HOPE the whole clutch isn't male)!!

Mine are loud when they want fed in the evenings, and the rest of the time the chatter alot, but I can't hear them from inside the house. Sometimes when they get excited it sounds like there is a man having a good laugh in the yard and that makes me laugh. I like the noises they make.
My chickens are crazy noisy to the point of annoying and I don't even have roosters. They always sound like they are groaning and complaining. Noise is relative, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom