1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Welsh Harlequin Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by danicmeyer, Aug 3, 2011.

1. danicmeyer

danicmeyer New Egg

Apr 13, 2011
    Hi All!

My name is Dani and I am new to posting to the boards here....been a stalker for several years researching and reading [​IMG]

My husband and I are finally just about ready to start our duck adventure! We have a incubator ready for pickup next weekend and I would love to get some baby ducks in it soon!

I am trying to find some Welsh Harlequin Eggs but we are really only wanting a handful....maybe six or so. Everywhere I look to order them I have to get a dozen or more or pay a minimum charge on them.

We can't have that many and I wouldn't know what to even do with that many as we have a new baby on the way.

Can anyone help??

Thanks!

Dani

2. tbitt

tbitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    IL
  3. lovesgliders

lovesgliders Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Maine
    You can always sell extra ducklings.

Also, remember that no batch of eggs has a 100% hatch rate. A dozen eggs could very well yield you your six ducklings, especially since they are shipped and it's your first time incubating. [​IMG]

4. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    where are you located?

Have you try Craiglist?

I recomend you to find someone near and pick the eggs

my best hatches from shipped eggs are in the colder months

unless you find someone willing to add 1 or 2 cold packs

to keep eggs cool

5. danicmeyer

danicmeyer New Egg

Apr 13, 2011
    Thanks all! I have checked on craigslist without luck.

It's a good point that not all will probably hatch.....my luck they would all hatch and no one in our little town would want the extra's lol.

Guess we will have to take our chances [​IMG]

Dani

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by