Welsh Harlequin + Welsh Harlequin = Khaki Campbell?

lsg1007

Songster
10 Years
Dec 2, 2009
Missouri
I have 2 pair of Welsh Harlequin (hatchery quality) and incubated some of their eggs on my own (while my ducks are nesting over their own clutches). I was shocked when 8 ducklings looked like Welsh Harlequins and the 9th looks like a Khaki Campbell?! I know that Welsh Harlequins descended from KC and that there are not many unique "gene pools" perhaps making this dark colored duckling a more likely consequence. But, just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?

Kathy farms

Chirping
Mar 11, 2015
Cape Coast
I have 2 pair of Welsh Harlequin (hatchery quality) and incubated some of their eggs on my own (while my ducks are nesting over their own clutches). I was shocked when 8 ducklings looked like Welsh Harlequins and the 9th looks like a Khaki Campbell?! I know that Welsh Harlequins descended from KC and that there are not many unique "gene pools" perhaps making this dark colored duckling a more likely consequence. But, just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?

You've got yourself beautiful ducklings there. No experience with your outcome though.

BethJ

Chirping
Aug 4, 2019
Stayner, Ontario
My Coop
I just bought some Welsh Harlequins and one hen was molting. The feathers that are coming in are very dark and look more like Khaki Campbell colouring. What did your duckling turn out like?

Top Bottom