Welsh Harlequins coming!

agregg15

Songster
8 Years
Apr 8, 2011
Connecticut
I have 4 Welsh Harlequin ducklings coming from Metzer tomorrow!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
I can't wait. Does anyone else have ducklings coming tomorrow and does anyone have any tips on raising Harlequins (especially tips for maximum egg production?) I've always wanted Harlequins and I have only raised mallards. I can't wait for the glow of the brooder in my room at night
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Metzer has some good articles on their website about getting good egg production.... So does Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks(a must have for your 'library') Light (16-17 hours of light) and 16 - 18% protein feed with a vitamin/mineral supplement 1x a week.

Quote:
Metzer has some good articles on their website about getting good egg production.... So does Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks(a must have for your 'library') Light (16-17 hours of light) and 16 - 18% protein feed with a vitamin/mineral supplement 1x a week.

Thanks
smile.png
I have been trying to convince myself to buy Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks. I'm a bit stingy though
lol.png
The feed my mallards are getting has the daily protein amount suggested. I'll check Metzer's website. Thanks again
big_smile.png

Light has a lot to do with egg production. You can keep them laying through the winter with supplemental lighting. Even without it, mine only take Dec and Jan off. I usually give them a break and don't worry about the light.

I'm so jealous! I have 3 WH and love em dearly. They are such cute babies and grow into beauties! Handle them as much as possible. I had a broody chicken take care of them for the first 3 weeks. After that i had them eating peas out of my hand but they still keep their distance from me to this day. They want to be close enough for treats but not so close they'll get touched! Have fun & post pics if you can!
wee.gif

pips&peeps :

They are very cute, but the drakes are supposed to have dark beaks.

Whoops
lol.png
that was the wrong picture. Elmo does have a dark bill.​

Back
Top Bottom