Welsh Harlequins

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ducklover87, Feb 14, 2013.

1. ducklover87

ducklover87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    I'm interested in buying WH but it seems like I can only find sites that sells babies and I was wondering if there is any sites where I can buy adults. If not the babies are gonna have to do but I'd prefer adults.

2. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

Hi, sorry i am of no help but I also had this problem, it is so hard to find WH adults that i had to settle for Runners.
    It will help people if you tell them where you are situated.

3. ducklover87

Aug 7, 2012
    Ya I know what you mean. Its very discouraging. I live in northern NY well I live so close to the border its basically Canada.

4. ducklover87

Aug 7, 2012
    I found a site called plum run poultry but the shipping for adult ducks is super high like $90. But for ducklings its only $20. Is this normal?

5. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    All the hatcheries will sell adult ducks but the shipping is outrageous. You can usually go to the hatchery to pick them up. I can't tell where you're located but I'm sure it would be cheaper (and easier on the ducks) for you to drive a couple hours to pick up the adults. You can also put an ad on Craigslist. I live in the Washington DC metro and I see all sorts of ducks on CL all the time. Another option is poultry swaps. It's a crapshoot what breeds will be there but you'll have a great time anyway :) If you're in Maryland, there's a poultry swap on June 8th in Sharpsburg.

6. ducklover87

Aug 7, 2012
    Farmrgirl thanks for the great info. I agree it would be way easier on the ducks to just go pick them up. Now I gotta find a hatchery that's in New York state.

7. ducklover87

Aug 7, 2012
    Farmrgirl thanks for the great info. I agree it would be way easier on the ducks to just go pick them up. Now I gotta find a hatchery that's in New York state.

8. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Shipping an adult duck is spendy. The adults weigh a lot more and they are also being overnighted, so that will add up.
    Post on CL to see if anybody has adult WH that they are willing to part with.

9. carousel86

carousel86 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2013
    Ulster park N.Y.
    Did you ever buy Welsh Harlequin duckling? If so were did you buy them?

10. baldwin5285

baldwin5285 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2013
    I bought mine at a tractor store but u can by them on www.efowl.com and of websites but some have a limit of how many u have to buy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by