1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Welsummer Bantams top Quality-who has them?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by JimH99, Feb 14, 2013.

1. JimH99

JimH99 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2013
    I bought 9 Welsummer Bantam eggs from "Gamebirds only" in Utah and they arrived perfectly, and I only paid for 6 so I was very happy. In bator now due to hatch 2/28. Had to remark how large, nice and dark the eggs are, as I keep LF Barnevelders, LF Welsummers and Old English Games, have six different families of OEG. BB Reds coming from show winning stock, and have Crele from show winners, Blue Ginger, Red Ginger, Blue Red,Wheaton, Blue Wheaton for my Old English Games. All families are kept in seperate pens when breeding and everything is marked by wing bands and leg bands in order to keep the pedigrees straight.

Who can steer me in the best direction to get some more top quality eggs. I am looking for the best quality out there and just joined this BYC forum yesterday, have kept chickens my entire life except for a few years is all. Looking for nothing but top quality Welsummer Bantams to bring in. I do not know anyone personally that has them, bought these on ebay from gamebirds only and the other two were given to me last fall and since having them have really wanted to obtain more. Thanks so much!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by