Welsummer, Barred Rock and Leghorn genders?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GardenBird, Jun 22, 2016.

1. GardenBird

GardenBird Just Hatched

Jun 22, 2016
    Colorado
    My (hopefully) girls are about 5 weeks. My biggest concern is my Barred rock, Fudge, who I suspect is male. Which wouldn't be a problem, but they aren't allowed here. :( Any tips, opinions, insights are greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]Brownie, Speckled Sussex (?)

[​IMG] Blondie, our White Plymouth Rock (?)

[​IMG] Fudge, my concern lol. I've researched as much as I can, but I don't feel confident that Fudge is a girl.[​IMG][​IMG]This second to last one is showing the beginning of his/her waddles.

We chose different breeds for diverse egg types and birds, but I didn't intend on trying to nitpick the gender before the first crow or egg!

My guess is all girls, but, yeah. Guesses?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

All three are pullets. And I would say your Welsummer is actually a Speckled Sussex, and that Leghorn looks very un-Leghornish. More like a White Rock.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  3. GardenBird

GardenBird Just Hatched

Jun 22, 2016
    Colorado

Thanks for your reply and I love your avatar!
    When comparing pictures of Brownie and Blondie to Wels and Leghorns, I was finding that the adolescents I was comparing them to didn't look the same. I'll try to compare them with the Sussex and White Rock!

4. GardenBird

GardenBird Just Hatched

Jun 22, 2016
    Colorado
    They actually look a lot alike to the Sussex and White Leghorn pullets I found! Thank you! And thank you for your help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by