Welsummer boys or girls??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Magickbird, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Magickbird

Magickbird Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Supposed to have been all hens when sold to us. We are suspicious about the 3 with bigger, redder combs and darker feathers. They looked identical at 2wks of age, had the defined "V" and the eyeliner that are noted for females. Now at about 6 wks they are looking a lot different. We love them all, hand raised sweet birds but we are not allowed to have Roos in town :( . The buff colored one is reputed to be a female Americauna. It's the other ones we can't figure out. The 2 in the front of the pic stuck their heads down just as pic was taken, but we suspect them to be the girls. The 2 at the top of pic are the subjects of this question. Please advise. Thanks so much for all the helpful posts on here. We love BYC.

2. K Spot

K Spot Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2013
    SE Qld, Australia
    Yep, the 2 in the back are roosters.

Can't tell with the one in the front.

Your buff one doesn't look like an Ameraucana either. I suspect its an Easter Egger.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  3. Magickbird

Magickbird Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2012
    Wow, I have lost all faith in the co-op we got these birds from. Plus we have had problems with illnesses. Thank you K Spot for answering so quick!

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    What K said.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by