Welsummer chicken cant stand or walk for long

sdugey

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 1, 2013
texas
0.jpg
I have a Welsummer that shows no apparent signs of injury. I have checked to make sure that she is not egg bound. She eats and drinks, but can only walk maybe 4 steps before sitting down. This has gone on for 2 weeks. I started giving her penicillin yesterday, because, I just don't know what else to do. Any body else have any advice???

Yes, she is actually walking about 4 ft now and then sitting down. Her appetite is great , no signs of fowl play, although my husband did notice one of her feet looks turned down. But not really that noticeable. We are just looking for any small sign. Continuing with pennicillin by mouth, and chicken vitamins

I still cant see anything wrong with her. she gets better. thsn she gets worse. back and forth. I have hercisolated, i was shocked to find six eggs today in her icu coop. had not checked inside just thought she would not be laying with her not being able to walk that well. I put antibiotic ointment on her feet every day after a real good cleaning. every morning I take her out of her icu and leaver hrt in a enclosed spot where she can eat grass and bugs, She will get to her water and feed with effort

Back
Top Bottom