Welsummer chicks for sale east TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by thegoogers, Apr 13, 2009.

1. thegoogers

thegoogers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Cleveland, TN
    We had an Easter hatch of Welsummers this past weekend. We have 8 chicks for sale. $4 each or all 8 for $24

pics of the babies

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of the Roo -- the sun was setting and casting a little more orange color than usual. Please excuse his comb...winter was hard on the points!

[​IMG]

And with 2 of the hens

[​IMG]

Here are the eggs they have been laying for us. They lay on average 5 eggs a week and have a very nice dark brown color to them. The flash really washed out the egg colors in the center.

[​IMG]

We do not want to ship so this will be for local pickup. We are located in Cleveland TN near hwy 411 and 64.

Thanks for looking

Patrick and Natasha

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. Turtle

Turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Lyles,TN
    I wish I lived closer to you I would grab them up in a second.

3. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Where did you get your original birds from?

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Wow, look at that rooster!

Would you mind if we can USE your picture for our Welsummer Club website? We can put your name next to the pic if you wish!

Yes, like Amazondoc, where did you get your stock from??????

5. thegoogers

thegoogers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Cleveland, TN
    Thank you for the kind words. We got our original trio (including the Roo) from a lady in Sevierville. I am sorry I cannot remember her name. She got the eggs from Mothergoose ( http://www.freewebs.com/ritterlivestock/ ) and hatched them. We got a few more hens from pumpkinpup, who I must say are just as pretty as the ones from mothergoose.

We will have hatching eggs available soon. We are currently testing our fertility/hatch rate.

We would be thrilled for you to use the picture of Rusty the Roo! If you will send us your email addy and we can send you the original file.

6. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Hey there --

Thanks for the info, and thanks for the permission. [​IMG]

You can send me photos at: amazondoc @ mindspring . com

Do you have your chicks sexed? I may be interested in a few more pullets, and I know somebody in Harriman (another BYC member) who might want a few. I'll make sure she sees your ad.

7. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    I'll be in Knoxville tomorrow. I don't suppose you'll be driving that direction? I *would* like to add some more genetic diversity to my flock, and mothergoose is known for having nice birds, but I'm waffling on whether I really want to add all that extra driving time when I already have to go from Lebanon to Knoxville and back......hmmmmm.....

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Go ahead and send it down to Amazondoc because thats her job as a webmaster for the new club! (Please tell me if you are male or female, I kept mixing it up LOL but was not sure of your real name would be male or female).

Now I have none of Mothergoose's blood in my flock. So I have to get more! Sorry I do not have any information of the lady you mentioned anywhere. So hopefully someone will chime in.

Go for it Amazondoc!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  9. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Patrick --

I'll take em. PM me with your phone number so we can schedule a pickup. I'll be in Knoxville most of the day tomorrow.

Oh, and I'm a she. [​IMG]

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Thanks! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] For Amazondoc!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by