Welsummer Cockerels, Breeder Quality ((GONE)) N. GA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Jun 5, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Local guy was supposed to call me and come get all my extra cockerels and a couple of pullets, but haven't heard from him yet. Think he's a really busy guy. First come, first served on them, though, so here's the deal:

Welsummer Pair, cockerel & pullet (SOLD)
    Welsummer (5) cockerels

Rhode Island Red Pair, pullet & cockerel from BamaChicken (SOLD)These are very deep, dark reds, gorgeous!

Buff Orpingtons, (2) cockerels from hinkjc (SOLD)
    For the pairs, $8 One pair each of Wellies and RIR avail.
    For the cockerels, $2 each OR if you take all five, just $5 total!
    The Welsummers and RIRs were hatched April 24 so are in the neighborhood of six weeks old. The Buff Orps are a week younger, hatched May 1.

PickUp/Cash Only, near juncture of GA, NC & TN. I'm having a serious family health emergency, so if I dont get back with you right away, please be patient with me.

RIRs are gone and one Buff Orp is gone. Just Welsummers and one Buff Orp boy avail now.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with that. [​IMG]

I wish we were a wee bit closer or gas was cheaper and I'd come get the Welsummer pair from you.

3. speckledhen

I wish you were, too, Cindy, but I sure hear you about the gasoline. It's terrible. Changes your entire perspective, doesn't it?

4. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    It does. I love to travel. Summer vacations from school, the kids and I would be going like 3-4 days a week, traveling 1-3 hrs each way to places we'd never been. Now? We'll be lucky if we can do that every other week.

I forgot to say in the other post, if you need anything, just a listening ear or shoulder to cry on, you know where to find me. :aww We just recently found out my sister has colon cancer (she's 32) and just started chemo this week so I feel for you on the family health emergency aspect. [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

I sure wish your sister and the entire family the best outcome. This is a strange year for me and lots of people, I guess. Just wish something good would happen for a change. :|

6. speckledhen

Just to update you, I still have these chicks. You mean I cant even entice you with a pullet to go with a cockerel? C'mon folks, they're Kelloggs Cornflakes roosters! [​IMG] And real, gorgeous dark RIRs, too.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  7. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    I wish I/you were closer! I need a Male Wellie for my little Wellie.

8. speckledhen

Wish you were closer, too. My guy who was going to buy the bunch, who actually bought the entire last batch, must have gotten tied up with work. I really need to move these ASAP or I'll get too attached, LOL!

9. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Ohhhhhh Cynthia...........

I'll be happy to pay you the "pair" price ($8-$10 per) for the extra RIR and Welsummer pullets....you keep the extra cockerels for free. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  10. speckledhen

The RIR pullets will still be here and I hatched more than I ever thought I would, so it's possible there will be one for you then. The Welsummer, I'm not sure. I'm debating how many to keep for myself on those.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by