Welsummer Cockerels (Oregon) 14wks

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Farmer Viola, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Farmer Viola

Farmer Viola Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2013
    Earth
    Hello BYC!

I have two 3.5 month old cockerels for sale near Forest Grove, Oregon. If you are relatively close I can drive to meet you, or I can also ship within the US (you pay shipping costs). They are both Welsummers from Channing Grisham / Lowell Barber lines originally. They are not from a hatchery.

I have 6 roosters and I am only keeping one (of a different breed). These boys have been hand raised and socialized around hens and humans. I just can't keep this many boys! If you are interested in one or both, I will sell them to you at a great price! You can buy both and keep the one you like best, I don't mind!

They are not yet crowing, but once the crowing chorus gets out of control, they will be going to freezer camp. This is their "last chance" effort in case someone has a better use for their excellent bloodlines than my dinner table.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Welsummers lay very dark terra cotta brown eggs. Pairing him as a sire with your laying hens will result in a lovely dark egg color, laid by the CHICKS he sires. Welsummers are known as the 'classic' looking rooster, notably used by Kellogg's.

2. BelleFarm

BelleFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2013
    Kingwood, New Jersey
    Do you have their sisters/ female relatives laying eggs? I'd like to see the color if you could post pics please

3. Farmer Viola

Farmer Viola Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2013
    Earth
    Their sisters are 14 weeks old, not yet laying eggs.

Here are photos of the eggs laid by the parent birds:
    [​IMG]

4. BelleFarm

BelleFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2013
    Kingwood, New Jersey
    Would you sell only one or does it have to be more? And it would have to be shipping

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by