Welsummer or brown leghorn

It certainly does look like yours could be a mix of Leghorn and Welsummer and you won't know for certain until she lays an egg. How frustrating!

It is late in the season for breeders but perhaps with some research you'll find someone you want to do business with next spring? I know there are folks on these boards with good quality breeding programs going. If you're not finding someone through your area board, you may want to look up the specific breeds on the breeds board and read through that thread to see who has what and then contact them by PM. I'm not in your area but was able to find someone through BYC who is an hour away (in another state, but we're close to the line) and who breeds some very nice, dark-egg laying Marans. I found her too late to get anything this year but those birds are worth waiting for IMO!

Last edited:
Quote:
thank you, I did find someone that has some MArans. She is actually coming to town today! I am so happy.

I am really glad you found what you were looking for, Poco is a very nice lady and loves to help chicken Okies out with extra birds.

Back
Top Bottom