Welsummer Rooster Suddenly walking Bow legged

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by microchick, Jun 13, 2015.

1. microchick

microchick Overrun With Chickens

Hope y'all can give me some advice. We noticed tonight that one of our 13 week old Wellie roos is walking as if his hocks are rotating outward giving him a funny bow legged look. The right looks worse than the left. I just finished 5 days of Corid/routine worming and have switched them to rooster booster. He isn't limping. Seems happy. No pain when I checked the joint. Crowing and eating normally. I watched him jump up on the roost board without difficulty. We switched them to gamebird finishing/layer feed recommended by our local MFA and they get treats throughout the day. You can actually see the joints slip when he walks.

What gives and how do we fix it? Is it a vitamin deficiency? He is a beautiful bird.

Thanx in advance.

2. microchick

microchick Overrun With Chickens

Anybody?

Please? Should I keep him on the Rooster Booster or bump him up to Poly Vi Sol?

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Goggle niacin deficiency. Might also help if you could post a picture or video.

-Kathy

4. ThistleandThea

ThistleandThea Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2015
    I have a 2 month old hen that just started the same thing. Did you ever get any answers?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by