Welsummer Rooster -- Washington

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by KlaHaYa Gardens, Apr 15, 2011.

1. KlaHaYa Gardens

KlaHaYa Gardens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    I'm looking for a nice Welsummer rooster. I keeping missing the ones that need a new home. Rats! I don't mind an aggressive bird. I am looking for a healthy, good looking roo. The one I currently have, I purchased to replace a beautiful rooster that was had by a neighbor dog (no apologies from the owner) but he is not a good roo. He looks a year older than I was told, has an awkward body shape and bad coloring.

So, anyone have a lovely Welsummer Rooster in Washington that needs a new home?

2. Cowgirl75446

Cowgirl75446 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2011
    Texas
    I wish you were closer, I have a really nice Welsummer rooster I am trying to sell, but Texas is a little far. lol

3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:I know there's going to be a show in Washington this month. Maybe you can go and find one there.

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I have a nice wellie boy looking for a home, but I'm down in CA. He hatched 1/1/11.

5. little_grey_bantam

little_grey_bantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    Quote:[​IMG] you're not a hoarder, I was calculating on a calculator & on paper & had to start all over again because both sides were filled up (this was last year) [​IMG]

6. KlaHaYa Gardens

Apr 14, 2011
    @Happy Chooks and @Cowgirl75446 Please overnight me the birds! [​IMG]

Seriously, you guys are just teasing me!! *cries*

I was looking at my four Welsummer hens this morning, and I'm beginning to not like them either. *cries harder*

The first pair I had -- from a hatchery to the feed store to me (as everyone warns against hatchery birds) -- were just beautiful. Her body, longer and narrower than many other breeds, was absolutely handsome. The girls I have now aren't as nice looking in the body and I am suspicious their eggs will be ugly, too. Probably purple with puce squares (rather than polka-dots or speckles).

*Screams!* I want my original pair back!

*loads shotgun*

*goes to hunt the dog that killed them*

Once again, seriously, who wants to mail me a "free" bird, I'll pay for shipping? *crosses fingers*

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    What is your zip code and I'll get a rough estimate of shipping costs. I'll have to order a box as well. I can upload a picture tomorrow.

8. FarmerBoy24

FarmerBoy24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    Hey,

I have a wellsummer roo he is about 15 weeks old, (or a little older) He is gentle and nice, he's already becoming VERY beautiful. I live in Ca, what is your zip code? I have pics too!

9. KlaHaYa Gardens

Apr 14, 2011
    I want to see those pics! [​IMG]

Even if it's only to drool![​IMG]

10. FarmerBoy24

FarmerBoy24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    tomorrow:weee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by