1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Welsummer vs Cream Legbar Chick Color

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bush84, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Bush84

Bush84 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2015
    Kensington, mn
    So in my first hatch I got cream legbars and welsummers. I knew ahead of time that they looked similar as chicks, but didn't think much about it. That was until I hatched out only one female legbar and a bunch of males yesterday. Today I have had two legbars hatch and many welsummers. So now I have a particular interest in telling the welsummers from the legbars. I have tried researching this but it seems that nobody has been dumb enough to do this lol. The best I can tell is that the striping on the back is different from the pictures I have seen. The welsummers seems more yellow whereas the legbar seems lighter like the rest of its down. Anybody with some insight or am I just stuc until they feather out?

2. Bush84

Bush84 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2015
    Kensington, mn
    I guess nobody knows lol. I'll try to take pics because the more I look at them the more I believe the striping is different.

3. Jensownzoo

Jensownzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2016
    Saint Louis, MO
    You may want to post over in the " "What breed/gender?" forum. They may have a better idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by